Friday, March 11, 2011

Back To Real Life

Arizona has and came and went for us.  What a fun time in the sun!  This year Coby was able to come down with us so we got our first family vacation in a long while.  Three weeks of fun!  He and I did a lot of driving between Phoenix and Tucson (for the rodeo) so we got to catch up on all the lost time for him working out of town this winter.  I use the term winter in the past tense now, as far as I'm concerned, it is OVER!


I love how you get a little perspective after being gone.  I always seem to come back with a new idea or direction, it seems like you just can't get that living in your same world every day.  Maybe that's the deeper side to 'Getting out of the box'.  Stress...I just seem to forget the little stuff that was worrying me.  I'm so thankful everyday that I only have little stuff, not big stuff to stress. 

Mexican food...I ate it almost everyday, to the tune of a few well-worth-it pounds gained.  I call it 'Shopping and Lunch' and its one of my very most favoritest things in this whole world!  That could go on my headstone, 'R.I.P. she's out lunch'.

Being a rodeo kid SO rocks!  Mom dresses you up real cute, takes you where there are lots of people, it smells like corndogs and cotton candy, and you get to play in the dirt all day!



Its way fun to watch with the other kids who's dad's are in the rodeo
 


Saddle sore...We rode and rode that desert, so simple, but so enjoyable.  Jackpots...went to a handful and tried to shake the dust off, its been a while.  Horses performed pretty dang good.

Grandma--so much help and so good to the kiddies, I love our visits so much!  Taya said 'I Love You' for the first time, not to mom, not to dad, but to Grandma!  She has not said it since.  hummmmmm....


Outside--Teague & Taya could NOT get enough of going outside and playing.  They never touched a cactus, there must be some primal instinct as homo sapiens to not touch weird sharp looking objects.  AND...the highlight of their trip was: 
They could not get enough of the Mule.  Hands down, the best babysitter yet!  At every opportunity, they were on this thing, even if it was just sitting in the garage.  And it didn't matter who started it up--they came running to catch a ride!

I LEARNED...there is actually a 'trash' cactus that JUMPS at you.  Beware to not get close.  It is a very mean plant.  It didn't get me thank goodness.


It was hard to leave AZ...but we are settle back in at home and I'm just about caught up from being gone.  Oh, who am I kidding?  There is no such thing these days as being caught up!  There is always a little something that needs done.  But, I probably wouldn't have it any other way.  Good thing I thrive on having a lot of irons in the fire!


And now we are back to real life...I guess they didn't want my beautiful 5 ft tall vase (pronouced voss since it was one of the few elegant things I have I mean had in our house) there anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment