Friday, January 16, 2009

Stacies update











What a start to the 2009 year. I have already put $1400 in my truck to make it run smoother. 2008 was a great year, nothing major happened-that I can remember. I had a a great year at the rodeos. I made all the year end finals I was a member of. I have two horses to rodeo on, and I am going to team rope more often-heeling. Mom bought my head horse so I am forced to heel steers. I went a USTRC in Waco and heeled for the first time this year. No money won, but my end was not the problem. I love my new school. It seems to be a good change. I still have the famous grulla horse Artie, he is retired and 25+. He just gets fed and hangs out at the Hoover ranch. I have my dunn horse Scooter I bought in 2000, who is 15 now. He works great every time. I bought a paint horse I call Hildago in 07. I spend alot of time on him, but it is paying off. I have won several checks on and hope to have him 100% finished by this summer. He has a huge motor and you have to get him super tired before you rope. I like my dunn horse cause you can lope a few circles and be ready to go. T-bones my blue heeler is 16 this year. She gets around alright, her hips seem to be her problem. Once she is up she loves to go. She rides in the back seat to every rodeo. I have to help her in and out of the the truck and trailer. She even has a handicap ramp for trailer. She is mostly deaf and blind so I have to watch her closely. Things are great here in Texas. I love the weather and dont miss the snow. They cancel school here if it is below 25-so funny. People freak when they hear the words "cold front". So different then Utah.

2 comments:

  1. Stacie, it was great to see you at Waco - hope the winter is treating you well. If you ever get to Stephenville give me a call!!! I can't believe you still have Artie. That is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacie,

    How the heck are ya? I love this blog. It is the only way I get to keep in touch with you guys. All of whom I miss TONS!!! I love your story about T-bones. She was my favorite. (Quervo hated me lol)I didn't know you even still had her.Give her a scratch behind the ears for me...It is great to hear that you are doing well. I am proud of you and all that you have accomplished in your life. Keep in touch,
    Hugs,
    Deone
    P.S. Is your room clean??? lol

    ReplyDelete