Tuesday, May 26, 2009







Coby's Bum Ankle
Last weekend while practicing Coby had a fresh horse buck and he twisted his foot in the stirrup and tore the ligaments in his ankle. It swelled and bruised up pretty bad. We took him in for x-rays to make sure nothing was broken. We probably looked pretty funny with the pregnant lady helping her limping husband into the doctor's office! He got some crutches to get around on after that for a few days, but is walking pretty good now. In fact, he even rode tonight, so it must be healing fast. He still has an occasional limp, especially if he steps on something and twists it a little. I understand the ankle stuff all too well, I know how hard it is to get them feeling really stable again. Hopefully, its going to be strong enough he can start entering some rodeos in a few weeks. Time will tell.
Memorial Day
For Memorial Day weekend this year, we didn't have any jackpots or rodeos to go to in, well I don't know how long. Years and years, that's for sure. This year we spent Saturday working in our yard and the horses and that evening Cort and Amanda and the kids came over for a little hot dog fry. We were going to go out and do some more work, but we got a major rain storm that kept us inside all night. It was a crazy rainstorm, we don't get rain like that in Utah very often. The next day after church it started raining again, so we quickly packed our bags and headed up to Rigby and stayed with Jami & Bob. Cort & Amanda were up there too, and we had a fun stay. The weather was decent, so Monday the guys did some roof work on their outdoor dining area. I sat in the sun watching and before I realized it, had really sunburned my legs and especially the tops of my feet. Ouch!! I think I'm sunburning easier than usual this year. It was a nice little get away and a lot more fun that sitting and watching it rain here!
This month has went by fast and here towards the end we're doing a little celebrating. My mom's birthday was on the 20th, so we'll do something fun for it when they get here next week. Haggon (Staci Sue's son) graduates High School, which is a neat and monumental time of life. He also comes and mows my lawn for me which is nice. This coming weekend we are headed up to Ryker & Stacy's to help them produce their first Team Roping at their arena. Should be a good and busy weekend. Coby is shaking the dust off his ropes and I'm shaking the dust off my secretary skills. We go in for the 'big' ultrasound tomorrow to make sure the babies are really girls and that they are growing ok. It will be Coby's first chance to see them moving around in there. So far all he's seen are the blurry still shots. It will be fun for him to see them.

1 comment: