Monday, January 24, 2011

New Stuff Fun Stuff

Sometimes don't think its easy too be too serious about life?  I mean, its so easy to NOT be carefree & fun when you are 35 (middle aged for some), with kids, a mortgage and a constant nag of making your money stretch far enough, working enough hours, cleaning the house enough, it goes on and on.  Its like, one day you wake up and realize your not FUN anymore.  You are responsible.  You are pulled together.  You are caught up.  But, you aren't...fun.  I've been there, I am there, sometimes I wonder where the heck "I" went.  I guess I've just got too caught up in the serious stuff and need to sometimes just relax and be fun.  I used to be fun, I just feel like I'm in that middle-aged funk that is easy to get trapped in.  But, I'm going to work to NOT stay stuck in it.  I think its really more a matter of perception than anything.  Change your perception, change your attitude.  We'll see how it goes...
Anyways, enough of that.  Things we are practicing and learning:

Brushing the toofie's

                                                                           

"petting" the kitty



Climbing on any and everything...

 But, sometimes things just stop us right in our tracks...
 Like Elmo, or a groovin' song on the tv.  Sometimes you stop everything to watch, or do a little dance.  And, after a full day of fun, its nice to go fishin' in the tub for a little r & r and get ready for a good night's rest...

They seem to know how to have fun, maybe they are a good example to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I am right there with you! I feel like a grump all of the time anymore! I used to be so fun and carefree, but I had kids and life just seems so crazy and demanding! When I get to be out with my girlfriends I find my old self again and it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie - your kids are so big and so cute!! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete