Monday, January 17, 2011

The Sun Shineth

Oh, its so warm and nice today, I was able to take to kiddies outside for a 4-wheeler ride and some puddle jumping.  JANUARY THAW!  Then they were ready for a warm milk and a nap.  They are so happy!

This week Coby is working out of town in Wyoming, and is NOT happy about it.  We hope its only a week or two.

I got a kick out of Taya at church yesterday.  Coby had her in Priesthood and she took off and found her way down the hallways to the Relief Society room to find me, she just comes in and sits down and starts playing by me and Teague.  She is smart and not scared to be alone.  She knows what she wants to do and heads that direction.  At church, its ok, at the mall, not so good.  Grandma South can't believe how INDEPENDENT she is.  Teague is good to stay close.  Taya, she doesn't need anyone with her!

Saturday was fun, we went to a little bull dogging jackpot and then lunch afterward at the Dude Ranch.  If you've been to Malad, you've probably ate at the famous Dude Ranch.  I think the last time I'd ate there was before Coby and I were married.  I remember going with his family one day.

Its Grammy Jami's BIRTHDAY today.  The significance is this day, 17th, its her day, Coby's day, and the twins day.

MEMORY LANE...I strolled down it this morning cleaning my files out for the year.  I came across a file of momento's, probably junk to anyone else, but special to me.  Things like a copy of the talk Joell & I gave at our Grandpa Sorensen's funeral, birthday cards from my mom & mother-in-law, Valentine's day cards from Coby, some magazines with articles or pictures of us rodeoing and obituaries or funeral programs of people I was once close with.  I hate to say that I have forgot so much about those that are gone.  Its sad that things leave our mind, its good to have things to trigger those memories again.  I probably need to write things down about my dad, that I still remember, so I can teach my kids about him.  There's already so much I've forgotten.  I forgot Grandpa Sorensen liked pineapple shakes and always said, come agane (the way he said 'again' sounded like a-gain) when you'd leave.  And, towards the end of their lives together I walked in on him and grandma sitting in their jazzies watching tv together holding hands.  I forgot until I read my talk how that affected me, seeing how tenderly they loved one another.  Its said too often, but TIME goes by so fast.  That would have been nearly 10 years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment